While a tenant resides in a residential property, they are responsible for all services e.g. Gas, Electric, Water, Council Tax, and Television Licence.  Unless stated in the Tenancy Agreement that all or some of these utilities are included in the rent.

When the property is vacant i.e. between tenancies, these services remain the landlord’s responsibility.

Mapleleaf Letting Centre notifies the main utility suppliers when a tenant moves into a property and when a tenant vacates a property. We also supply the meter readings to all companies to avoid landlords or tenants being charged for unpaid services.